Shock Absorber Removal And Installation
A. REMOVAL OF THE FRONT SHOCK ABSORBER
(1) Jack up the front section of the vehicle and remove the front wheels.
(2) Loosen the two 10 mm nuts on the upper section of the shock absorber.
(3) When the above nuts are removed, the washer and the upper mounting rubber can be taken out easily.
(4) Remove the 10 mm nut at the connection to the trailing arm, remove the spring washer and washer and take down the shock absorber while pulling the lower mounting eye toward the operator.
B. INSTALLATION OF THE FRONT SHOCK ABSORBER
(1) Fit a washer and rubber on the upper mounting bolt; insert the fixed rubber bushing in the lower mounting eye and compress it.
(2) Insert the shock absorber through the hole of the front damper bracket. Then, insert a washer, rubber and washer in the order named and tighten temporarily with two 10 mm nut.
(3) Insert the lower mounting section in the damper pin extending out from the trailing arm. Insert a rubber bushing, washer and spring washer in that order and tighten until the washer contacts the shoulder of the pin after ascertaining that the absorber functions correctly with unloaded.
(4) Permanently tighten the 10 mm nut of the upper section of the shock absorber.
C. REMOVAL OF THE REAR SHOCK ABSORBER
Jack up the rear section of the vehicle and remove the wheels then to make the removal of the shock absorber easier.
Perform the rest of operations in the same way as for the removal of the front shock absorber.
D. INSTALLATION OF THE REAR SHOCK ABSORBERS
Follow the instructions given for the installation of the front shock absorber.