Portable Machine Tools Safety Precautions
The portable machine tools classified as either cutting took (straight and machine tools, can quickly and easily be moved to the angle hand drills, metal sawing machines, and metal cutting workplace to accomplish machining operations. The accuracy shears) or finishing tools (sanders, grinders, and polishers). of work performed by portable machine tools is dependent upon the user’s skill and experience.
Here are some safety precautions to follow:
- Never use electric equipment (such as drills,sanders, and saws) in wet or damp conditions.
- Properly ground all electric tools prior to use.
- Do not use electric tools near flammable liquids or gases.
- Inspect all pneumatic hose lines and connections prior to use.
- Keep constant watch on air pressure to stay within specified limits.
- Keep all equipment in proper working order, and use the equipment according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Remove chuck keys from drills prior to use.
- Hold tools firmly and maintain good balance.
- Secure the work in a holding device, not in your hands.
- Wear eye protection while operating these machines.
- Ensure that all lock buttons or switches are off before plugging the machine tool into the power source.
- Never leave a portable pneumatic hammer with a chisel, star drill, rivet set, or other tool in its nozzle.
Portable Machine Tools Safety Precautions was last modified: February 7th, 2022 by